Medical Terminology II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
The second of a two-quarter sequence that provides continuity from AH 111 in medical terminology used in the health sciences that pertain to the human body. Studies medical terms related to endocrine neurologic systems and disorders; the digestive system; special senses (eye/ear); urinary system; male and female reproductive systems, obstetric terminology; child health; oncology; mental health; and gerontology. Students (online and face-to-face) must pass a face-to-face, written final exam at 70% or higher to pass this class. The overall grade parameter to pass this class is "C" (75%) or higher.
1.Apply suffixes, roots, and prefixes of selected words and abbreviations as they relate to medical terms and healthcare professions.
2. Identify terms associated with anatomy, physiology, common conditions and diseases, diagnostic procedures and treatments of the body systems.
3. Detect the meaning of unfamiliar medical terms through analysis of their elements.
4. Accurately spell medical terms.
5. Identify the order of method and exactness of medical terminology.
1. Nervous System
2. Digestive System
3. Endocrine System
4. Special Senses (eye/ear)
5. Urinary System
6. Male Reproductive Systems
7. Female Reproductive systems
8. Obstetric terminology
9. Child Health
11. Mental Health
Required textbook, reliable Hi-speed internet access, reliable computer access and portable storage device (i.e. USB Drive).
Grades may be determined by weekly homework, weekly unit exams, midterm exam, and final exam.