Animated Digital Murals
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Introduces methodologies to approach the design of motion graphics and animation. Emphasizes the concept of planning and creation with a vision for an intended outcome. Introduces the relationship between storyboarding, graphic visual design and artistry, and motion graphics to communicate an artistic or promotional message. Introduces professional techniques for generating motion graphics using professional, industry tools. Builds upon technical skills gained in design and vector illustration. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Create effective motion graphics through the application of theories, tools, and best practices to communicate an artistic or promotional message.
2. Create a cohesive, motion graphic art/design piece using industry-standard software.
3. Apply the planning and creation process for designing and implementing an art/design project.
4. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Review of vector illustration art principles
- Practicing animation using industry standard tools
- Understanding how visuals and motion are used to convey messages
- Brainstorming and generating ideas for overall concept and visuals
- Storyboarding your concepts, visual, elements
- Implementing a cohesive motion graphic art/design piece
- Constructive critique: giving and receiving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide speciﬁc materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
General education/Related instruction lists