ART 284 : Watercolor IV
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Studio exploration of the unique qualities of watercolor as a painting medium. Emphasis on fundamental skills, color and composition while painting from a variety of subjects. Should be taken in sequence.
1. Solve more complex problems using additional strategies for expressing visual ideas through the Water Media painting medium.
2. Create advanced personal works of art, which demonstrate an intermediate knowledge of the watercolor painting discipline, and the processes, materials, and techniques associated with Water Media.
3. Ask meaningful questions, identify topical issues, and employ an expanding Water Media painting vocabulary in critical dialogue about the Water Media painting discipline.
4. Understand, interpret, and enjoy water media painting from different cultures facilitating increased engagement with the diversity of perspectives in the human experience.
5. Enjoy a more sophisticated awareness of the physical world, the nature of the relationship of human beings to it, and our impact on it via the experience of Water Media painting.
6. Implement expanded self-critiquing skills en route to autonomous expression through Water Media painting with respect to the standards established in contemporary and historical works of art.
Emphasis on fundamental skills
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course, please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
Grading is based on participation in labs, discussions and critiques of completed assignments and the development of critiques and ideas demonstrated in portfolio reviews.