BA 121 : Logistics Management
Logistics Management I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This course introduces the student to logistics management processes. Attention is given to such issues as transportation management, warehouse and facility location management, inventory management, and customer service strategies.
1. Define logistics, mission of logistics and the important role of logistics and supply chain.
2. Explain the elements of logistics systems: demand management, inventory management, transportation management, packaging and material handling, and distribution and warehouse management.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of logistics costing and profitability.
4. Describe the value chain process including both primary activities (inbound logistics, operations, outbound logistics, marketing and sales and service) and support activities.
5. Describe the logistics management process from the management of raw materials through to the delivery of the final product.