BA 123 : Introduction to Transportation Logistics
Intro Transp Logistics
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This course provides a working knowledge of the processes involved in dispatching trucks, trip assembly, and transportation terminology.
1. Demonstrate a practical knowledge of ground transportation logistics including truck routing and hours of service (HOS).
2. Demonstrate a practical knowledge of the process of delivering/picking up from various origins/destinations including ports, airports, rail, and warehouses.
3. Demonstrate a practical knowledge of the process of building trips and check call processes.
4. Demonstrate a practical knowledge of the process of loading/unloading techniques including use of tarping, cranes, rollbacks, trans-loading, and lumpers.
5. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the process of locating freight and/or trucks, and matching appropriate freight with various trailer types.
6. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the motor carrier operations including hazardous materials, insurance, liability, Bills of Lading (BOL), accident/incident response, and Motor Carrier and Department of Transportation (DOT) authority.
7. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the motor carrier operations including interstate versus intrastate, border crossings, and individual state requirements.