BA 272 : Product Development Strategies
Product Development Strategies
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This course is an in depth look at each of the phases of the product development process with a focus on application.
1. Phase 1: Research, evaluate, and validate product opportunities.
2. Phase 2: Evaluate product opportunities by comparing and contrasting against consumer needs, wants, and desires.
3. Phase 3: Evaluate new product concepts based on technical, marketing and financial criteria.
4. Phase 4: Evaluate by testing and validating new product concepts covering technical and marketing tasks.
5. Phase 5: Evaluate and manage the launch to achieve goals and objectives including plans, prototypes, distribution, and sale of products.
Product Development Process
Creativity and Idea Generation
No required materials.
This course is assessed through homework and in-class activities.