ECE Practicum I
Pass/No Pass grades
Total contact hours
Students participate in weekly online discussions and six hours of practicum work in an ECE setting. Students select, with their COCC practicum supervisor, an appropriate early learning practicum placement. All ECE courses required for an Early Childhood Education AAS degree need to be successfully completed before taking ED 261. P/NP grading.
Course learning outcomes
1. Critically examine and apply professional standards recommended by state and national organizations for early childhood professionals.
2. Demonstrate ability to choose, design, and implement activities for individual and groups of children based on developmentally appropriate practice.
3. Articulate methods for researching, understanding, and implementing program quality indicators, evaluations, and best practices.
4. Reflect on role of program philosophy in curriculum and environments.
5. Explore and apply practices to build partnerships with families, colleagues, and community agencies serving young children and families.
6. Demonstrate understanding of the role of observation, documentation, and assessment to support young children and families.
7.Begin to understand and apply diverse professional roles and leadership requirements in early learning environments.
8.Demonstrate commitment to professionalism in the field of Early Childhood Education, including knowledge of communication skills needed to enhance the early learning environment.