Paramedic Part I Clinical
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This is a competency-based clinical experience, which emphasizes patient assessment, formulation of presumptive diagnoses and treatment plans. The clinical experiences are performed at local hospitals. This is the first of three courses in the clinical setting for a paramedic student. Student must have been accepted into the second year paramedic program.
1. Demonstrate the ability to expand on and deliver appropriate treatments of ACLS and new skills learned in the Lab setting.
2. Prepare for incident response and EMS operations.
3. Demonstrate the ability to integrate pathophysiology principles and assessment findings for a variety of patient encounters.
4. Demonstrate paramedic skills (listed in Assessment area) associated with established standards and procedures for a variety of patient encounters.
5. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with others.
6. Demonstrate professional behavior.
7. Meet state and national competency requirements for paramedic credentialing.