HD 191 : OLI Leadership Skills II
OLI Leadership Skills II
Pass/No Pass grades
Contact hours total
HD 191 is the second in a three-quarter series. Building upon the foundation of leadership and teamwork considered in a cultural context, high school students explore issues of personal responsibility; strategies for advocacy and organizing; and opportunities for developing intercultural awareness. Interaction with college mentors expands to focus on the college challenges, requirements, tools for success, and the application process. P/NP grading.
1. Gain an understanding of the advantages of higher education as a short-term investment for long-term advantage.
2. Write coherent essays in relations to scholarships and as part of academic development.
3. Explore career options and the academic pathway to achieve specific career goals
4. Develop and articulate goals as individuals, as members of a team, and as members of a community
5. Experience and articulate cultural pride
6. Become aware of issues and initiatives affecting their community and explore strategies for addressing those issues.
7. Apply different styles and qualities of leadership