HHPA 142 : Beginning Rugby
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Familiarizes students with the rules, skills, strategy, fitness level and basic concepts of modern Rugby Union Football. Equips students to be an informed Rugby participant.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Demonstrate skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of rugby to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Articulate the rules of modern rugby.
4. Demonstrate rugby offensive, defensive, and kicking skills.
5. Develop a fitness level necessary to play proficient rugby.
6. Articulate the history of rugby union football.
7. Demonstrate rugby team strategies and team work.
8. Summarize how "Rugby 7s" is played and be able to appreciate how rugby will be played in the Olympics.
Intro to Rugby
History of Rugby
Offense, defense and kicking drills
Rugby 7 understanding
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health