HIM 202 : Health Information Management Applications
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides an opportunity to apply documentation standards, data analysis, and compliance and risk management policies and procedures through the use of simulated health records and other clinical documentation.
1. Apply the patient record guidelines for various providers and healthcare settings.
2. Analyze components of the legal health record.
3. Apply concepts, tools, and best practices for health data analytics.
4. Examine documentation from acute care settings.
5. Examine documentation from ambulatory care settings.
6. Examine documentation from other health care settings.
7. Design a procedure describing the tasks required to analyze a record for HIPAA compliance.
8. Design a procedure describing the tasks required to analyze a record for documentation deficiencies.
9. Develop a policy describing a privacy and security policy for PHI protection.
1. Patient Record Documentation Guidelines
2. Legal Health Record
3. Health Record Format and Design
4. Tools for Use in Health Record Analysis
5. Development of Standards, Policies, and Procedures
Required textbook. Computer and reliable internet access. Portable storage device (ie. usb drive).
This class requires a passing grade of 75% or better.