HIM 273 : HIM Capstone
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Instructor approval required based on completion of first-year HIM curriculum.
This capstone course is the culmination of the HIM program. The capstone project provides the student the opportunity to review and apply the knowledge, skills, and tools gained throughout the HIM course of study. Students will also review core curriculum identified by AHIMA as essential domains of learning and includes RHIT and CCA practice exams.
1. Apply HIM skills necessary to fulfill the requirements of a Registered Health Information Technician.
2. Demonstrate knowledge and apply skills essential to HIM.
3. Develop and submit a a sufficiently focused and relevant Capstone Project Proposal.
4. Plan and Implement the approved Capstone project.
5. Execute the approved Capstone project to completion.
6. Produce and present the completed approved Capstone project.
1. AHIMA guided review for national exams
2. Instructor guidance and support for the Capstone projects
Required textbook. Computer and reliable internet access. Portable storage device (ie. usb drive).
This class requires a passing grade of 75% or better.