History of the American West
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
or to be taken with WR 121.
Examines Native American tribal life, the emergence of a multicultural frontier, the problems, failures, and success of new settlement patterns in the growing commercial development of the West's unique assets.
1. Interpret the relationship between the past and the present, taking into account social, cultural, political, and religious perspectives of the American West.
2. Analyze primary historical evidence from the American West.
3. Identify historical arguments found in secondary sources about Modern the American West.
4. Construct a unique historical argument in a written essay about the American West.
5. Challenge shared assumptions and cultural stereotypes through discussion, written and oral, about the American West.
6. Identify the chronology and construct an historical narrative about a given time or place in the American West.
7. Identify the geography of historical events of the American West.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Social Science
- Cultural Literacy