HST 225 : US Women's History
US Women's History
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
or to be taken with WR 121.
Survey of the problems and achievements of U.S. women from the 16th to the 20th century, including issues of race, ethnicity and class.
1. Interpret the relationship between the past and the present, taking into account social, cultural, political, and religious perspectives of American women.
2. Analyze primary historical evidence from American women’s history
3. Identify historical arguments found in secondary sources about American women’s history.
4. Construct a unique historical argument in a written essay about American women’s history.
5. Challenge shared assumptions and cultural stereotypes through discussion, written and oral, about American women’s history.
6. Identify the chronology and construct an historical narrative about a given time or place regarding American women’s history
7. Identify the geography of historical events of American women’s history.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Social Science
- Cultural Literacy