History of the Pacific NW
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
or to be taken with WR 121.
Overview of Native American societies of the Pacific Northwest, patterns of white movement into the area, acquisition of the region by the United States, the long road to statehood, and the impact of national politics on this unique region.
1. Interpret the relationship between the past and the present, taking into account social, cultural, political, and religious perspectives of the Pacific Northwest.
2. Analyze primary historical evidence from the Pacific Northwest.
3. Identify historical arguments found in secondary sources about the Pacific Northwest.
4. Construct a unique historical argument in a written essay about the Pacific Northwest.
5. Challenge shared assumptions and cultural stereotypes through discussion, written and oral, the Pacific Northwest.
6. Identify the chronology and construct an historical narrative about a given time or place regarding the Pacific Northwest.
7. Identify the geography of historical events of the Pacific Northwest.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Social Science
- Cultural Literacy