HST 258 : Colonial Latin American History
Colonial Latin American Hist
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
or to be taken with WR 121.
Surveys the history of economic, political and social development in Mexico, Central America and South America from the 15th century through the Wars of Independence. Recommended that HST 258 and HST 259 be taken in sequence, but not required.
1. Interpret the relationship between the past and the present, taking into account social, cultural, political, and religious perspectives of Colonial Latin America.
2. Analyze primary historical evidence from Colonial Latin America.
3. Identify historical arguments found in secondary sources about Colonial Latin American history.
4. Construct a unique historical argument in a written essay about Colonial Latin America.
5. Challenge shared assumptions and cultural stereotypes through discussion, written and oral, about Colonial Latin America.
6. Identify the chronology and construct an historical narrative about a given time or place in Colonial Latin America.
7. Identify the geography of historical events of Colonial Latin America.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science
- Discipline Studies/Cultural Literacy