HST 259 : Modern Latin American History
Modern Latin American History
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
or to be taken with WR 121.
1. Interpret the relationship between the past and the present, taking into account social, cultural, political, and religious perspectives of Modern Latin America.
2. Analyze primary historical evidence from Modern Latin America.
3. Identify historical arguments found in secondary sources about Modern Latin American history.
4. Construct a unique historical argument in a written essay about Modern Latin America.
5. Challenge shared assumptions and cultural stereotypes through discussion, written and oral, about Modern Latin America.
6. Identify the chronology and construct an historical narrative about a given time or place in Modern Latin America.
7. Identify the geography of historical events of Modern Latin America.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science
- Discipline Studies/Cultural Literacy