Thai Massage I
Pass/No Pass grades
Total contact hours
LMT 130 and LMT 155.
Traditional fundamentals of Thai bodywork techniques will be explored. A basic Thai floor massage routine will be practiced using traditional Thai equipment. Students should have the ability to kneel and move around on their feet and knees. P/NP grading.
Course learning outcomes
1. Discuss the History of Thai Massage and influences from India and China
2. Demonstrate use of proper body mechanics during a Thai massage session
3. Perform soft tissue manipulation using Thai massage techniques while avoiding injury to giver or receiver
4. Analyze cautions and contraindications to Thai Massage
5. Demonstrate basic Thai massage applications in Supine, Prone, side- lying and seated positions