LMT 258 : Eastern Clinic
Pass/No Pass grades
Contact hours total
Students will practice Shiatsu and/or Thai bodywork techniques on the general public during the supervised clinic. P/NP grading.
1. Demonstrate professional communication in both oral and written form while working with the public in a clinical setting
2. Analyze health issues that may contraindicate an Eastern bodywork session
3. Demonstrate hygiene, sanitation, and universal precautions when performing an Eastern bodywork session
4. Demonstrate Eastern bodywork techniques and sequence using proper body mechanics for the practitioner and the client
• Orientation, syllabus overview and procedures
• FOCUS Professionalism
• FOCUS Client intakes
• FOCUS Time Management
• FOCUS Body Mechanics
• Final clinical practical exam
This course may require: participation/attendance and other graded work.