MA 140 : Nutrition, CPR and First Aid for Medical Assistants
Nutr and CPR/First Aid for MA
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Prerequisites with concurrency
This class is designed to cover key competencies for medical assistants related to nutritional interventions and office-based emergencies as identified by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Medical Education Review Board (MAERB). Students have the opportunity to obtain provider level CPR and first aid cards that meet MA program requirements during the course of this class.
1. Earn current healthcare provider CPR certification consistent with Oregon Health Authority requirements, including certification in infant, child, and adult CPR and use of AED.
2. Earn first aid certification.
3. Demonstrate interventions for common office-based emergencies.
4. Instruct a patient according to their dietary needs.
5. Show awareness of the emotional impact created by office-based emergencies.