MFG 206 : Surface Grinding I
Surface Grinding I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Horizontal grinding machine operations. Includes machine nomenclature, chucking methods, wheel dressing, workpiece setups and cutting operations.
1. Safely mount and secure work piece using magnetic chucking device.
2. True and dress the grinding wheel to produce accurate work.
3. Clean pump filters, change coolant and insure coolant system is working properly.
4. Simulate how the magnetic chuck can be ground in to assure accurate work.
5. Grind work to within .0005” tolerance level
6. Setup and perform simple grinding operations matching workpiece specifications