MFG 213 : CNC Turning Operator
CNC Turning Operator
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Computer numerical control turning center operator training. Includes safety, machine maintenance, coordinate systems, tool length offsets, controller editing and operations, overrides, tool set-ups and loading, carbide insert and holder selections, tool vectors and part running.
1. Student will safely perform startup procedures and machine setup sequences.
2. Student will setup cutting tools based on programmer documentation.
3. Student will establish tool length and cutter diameter offsets in the controller.
4. Student will perform program searches, editing and other controller functions to operate the machine.
5. Student will run a Computer Numerical Control Machine to produce parts that meet specifications.