MFG 230 : CNC Programming Mill
CNC Programming Mill
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Programming computer numerical control mills and machining centers. Includes G M programming, canned cycles, subroutines, profile milling, cutter diameter compensation, part proofing.
1. Student will apply common G M programming standards to create part producing CNC programs.
2. Student will establish part zero utilizing appropriate referencing features derived from the blueprint.
3. Student will properly select tool holders and carbide inserts needed for programming operations.
4. Student will write CNC programs that use cutter diameter compensation cutting tool positioning methodology.
5. Student will write CNC programs to perform 2D milling and drilling operations using canned cycles.
6. Student will create appropriate CNC operator setup procedures and other programming documentation commonly generated by programmers working for manufacturing companies.
7. Student will operate verification software to proof programming syntax and machine cutting operations.