MFG 238 : Optical Comparator
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Optical comparator operations. Includes operation of H-14 metrology controller, stage set-up and fixturing, inspection of rectangular and round workpieces.
1. Student will operate the Q-16 controller to inspect various parts to .0005” accuracy.
2. Student will correctly interpret shape, size and form using magnification screen measuring techniques.
3. Student will change magnification lens to increase image size.
4. Student will perform a lens calibration to insure accurate measurements are taken.
5. Student will measure parts with surface illumination to detect surface flaws and irregularities.
6. Student will determine part dimensions using screen measurement techniques to within .005”.
7. Student will measure parts to within .0005” using stage measurements.
8. Student will perform angular measurements using the screen vernier scale feature to +/- 5 minutes of accuracy.