Coordinate Measurement Machine
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Coordinate measuring machine operations. Includes establishment of part coordinate systems, touch probe calibration procedures and measuring workpiece geometry.
Course learning outcomes
1. Student will operate CMM controller software to perform part measuring operations.
2. Student will calibrate the touch probe to insure accurate work piece dimensions are taken by operator.
3. Student will establish a Part Coordinate System to inspect work to within .0002” accuracy.
4. Student will establish measurement planes to extract work piece dimensional values to within .0002”.
5. Student will establish controller parameters to measure work piece points to within .0002”.
6. Student will measure OD and ID work piece dimensions to within .0002”.
7. Student will setup the controller to accurately measure work piece angles to within 1 minute accuracy.
8. Student will perform routine part inspection procedures measuring and printing results of inspection process.
9. Student will create documents that provide an audit trail of the inspection process used by the operator to inspect work pieces.