MFG 241 : Electric Motor Control
Electric Motor Control
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Peripheral devices used to control motors. Includes study of components used to control industrial motors and automated systems.
1. Student will describe the lab equipment.
2. Student will describe electric motor control concepts.
3. Student will read ladder diagrams which graphically show the sequence of events.
4. Student will describe different types of: electric motors and motor starters, control relays, limit switches, motor controls.
5. Student will operate manual controls.
6. Student will safely shutdown power systems controlling electrical motors.
7. Student will setup and run time delayed relay systems to remotely sequence electrical motor operations.
8. Student will use limit switches in motor controls to control circuit outcomes.
9. Student will use control relays to control circuits and outcomes.