MFG 242 : Programmable Logic Controllers I
Programmable Logic Control I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduction to programmable logic controller programming. Includes ladder logic, sealing circuits and event sequencing.
1. Student will write basic PLC programs to create sequenced operations.
2. Student will learn how timers can be incorporated into Ladder diagrams to control event sequencing.
3. Student will create original programming solutions to solve application requirements.
4. Student will use counters in PLC programming events to monitor external events.
5. Student will write a sealing logic program to safely operate an electrical motor in a manufacturing environment.
6. Student will design a PLC program that provides three outcome event sequences based on external data inputs.