MFG 243 : Industrial Sensors
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Sensor applications. Includes study of mechanical, electronic and proximity sensor applications found in a typical manufacturing environment.
1. Student will describe typical applications for 5 different types of sensors.
2. Student will design robotic grippers that incorporate sensors during operation to determine robotic function or outcome.
3. Student will perform sorting of different types of material by incorporating different and appropriate sensors.
4. Student will design and setup different types of alarm systems using sensors.
5. Student will utilize sensors to start and stop conveyor belt operations.
6. Student will recognize that many manufacturing machines are dependent on the proper application and maintenance of sensors.