MFG 245 : Electrical Control/Fluid Power
Electrical Control/Fluid Power
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Electrical control of pneumatic and hydraulic circuits. Includes pressure valves, sensors, interfacing with PLC, control sequencing, timing and circuit design.
1. Student will design an automated hydraulic circuit utilizing a delayed timing sequence.
2. Student will design and assemble a pneumatic circuit that demonstrates a sequencing of actuator motion using electrical components.
3. Student will hook up and control a pneumatic or hydraulic circuit using a PLC and other electrical components.
4. Student will design both hydraulic and pneumatic circuitry using pressure valves to control actuator events.
5. Student will use sensors in hydraulic and pneumatic circuits to provide controller feedback information.