MSI: Intro to Leadership
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces effective leadership and communication skills. Explores personal development of life skills, comprehensive fitness related to leadership, officership, and the Army profession. Introduces basic land navigation skills and techniques for tactical decision making. Part of a series of military science leadership classes.
1. Define, explain, and begin to demonstrate the seven Army values and warrior ethos.
2. Demonstrate the basic elements of comprehensive soldier and family fitness and exhibit a functional knowledge of resiliency factors.
3. Explain how the five dimensions of comprehensive soldier fitness (CSF) relate to combat readiness.
4. Understand and utilize basic land navigation skills.
5. Utilize first aid and preventative care for self-aid and care of others.
• Course Overview
• US Army
• Military Customs Courtesies
• Fieldcraft-Preventive Medicine
• Basic Map Reading
• Basic Land Navigation
• Comprehensive Soldier and Family Fitness
• Profession of Arms (POA)
• Army Leadership
• Seven Army Values Warrior Ethos
• Basic First Aid
All publications are government publications and provided to the student at no charge.
Grades may be determined by participation, lesson assessment, and a final exam.