MTH 245 : Mathematics for Management, Life, and Social Sciences
Math for Mgmt/Social Science
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This is a Finite Math course that covers techniques of counting, probability and elements of statistics including binomial and normal distributions, introductory matrix algebra, and elements of linear programming.
1. Students will apply techniques of counting, probability, and elements of statistics related to probability distributions.
2. Students will apply graphical linear programming techniques.
3. Students will apply all of these techniques to solve problems and interpret the solutions in context.
4. Students will apply introductory matrix algebra to solve systems of linear equations.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Science No Lab
- Foundational Skills/Mathematics