Pharmacy Technician Lab I
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
PHM 100, PHM 120.
Complements lecture with hands-on experience in medication preparation, dispensing, calculations, and business applications.
Course learning outcomes
1. Use United States Pharmacopeia and other pharmacy reference texts for successful pharmacy practice and administration.
2. Determine validity of Drug Enforcement Administration numbers.
3. Review patient profiles, prescription forms, and filled prescriptions accurately.
4. Process patient data, new prescriptions and refills, and third-party claims accurately.
5. Create simlulated tablets, capsules, suspensions, creams, ointments, gels, and pastes.
- Non-sterile compounding
- Retail simulation
- Prescription processing
- Filling/dispensing prescriptions