Institutional Simulation Lab
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Laboratory instruction completes the lecture with hands-on experience in intravenous medication preparation, sterile compounding, calculations, and maintaining drug stocks.
1. Fill medication carts and crash carts, checking floor stock, and prepare oral syringes accurately
2. Follow USP 797 procedures as it pertains to institutional pharmacy practice including hand washing, garbing, and hood cleaning
3. Demonstrate sterile technique while working in the clean room to prepare parenteral drugs.
4. Perform hospital-setting tasks of a pharmacy technician including drug delivery, maintain drug stocks, and preparing intravenous medication.
5. Calculate dosages for patient medications from the doctor or pharmacist.