SFS 121 : Fire Law
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces the modern legal system with emphasis on cases related to fire service. Case law is studied to understand underlying concepts. Reviews case law affecting modern fire service agencies. Explores laws relating to medical treatment of patients, fire protection, codes, emergency response and department activities on the fire ground.
1. Define the different types of laws
2. Discuss federal, state, and local laws and liabilities applicable to emergency services.
3. Explain the purpose of national codes and standards.
4. Discuss applicable court decisions that have influenced emergency services.
5. Recognize the legal issues and concerns affecting emergency services.