SFS 122 : Fire Department Budget
Fire Department Budget
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Outlines the budget process as required by Oregon laws to include types of budgets, the process of preparing the budget and classifying expenditures.
1. Define “budget” and identify five types of budgets and how policy and budget interface.
2. Identify three common sources of funding for the fire departments.
3. List the steps involved in the preparation and adoption of the budget for the local jurisdiction.
4. Describe the procedures which can be used to control and report the budget and analyze expenditures.
5. Identify terms which would be included in each of the expenditures.
6. Identify the similarities and differences among annual budget, long term operating budget and capital improvement program.