SFS 232 : Fire Protection Hydraulics and Water Supply
Fire Protection Hyd. Supply
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This course provides a foundation of theoretical knowledge in conjunction with hands on labs in order to understand the principles of the use of water in fire protection and to apply hydraulic principles to analyze and to solve water supply problems.
1. Apply the application of mathematics and physics to the movement of water in fire suppression activities.
2. Comprehend the design principles of fire service pumping apparatus.
3. Analyze community fire flow demand criteria.
4. Demonstrate, through problem solving, a thorough understanding of the principles of forces that affect water at rest and in motion.
5. Develop and demonstrate the skills necessary for the student to operate as an engineer at a mock scene of a fire or other emergency in a safe and effective manner.