WF 293 : RX-340 (RX-310) Fire Effects
RX-340 (RX-310) Fire Effects
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides the student with the knowledge and skills to recognize basic fire regimes, the results of fire treatment on first order fire and fire effects, and to manipulate fire treatments to achieve desired first order fire effects.
1. Students will demonstrate an understanding of fire as an ecological process using the concepts of fire regimes and first order fire effects at multiple scales.
2. Given an altered fire regime and a variety of socio-political issues and resource concerns, the student will be able to identify realistic management solutions in an adaptive management framework.
3. Students will be able to communicate effectively with fire and resource professionals based on a common understanding of first order fire effects.
4. Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of how fire management related resource issues interact.
5. Discuss how to manipulate fire treatments to achieve desired first order fire effects.