WF 298 : S-390 Fire Behavior Calculation
S-390 Fire Behavior Calc
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This is an NWCG (National Wildfire Coordinating Group) Certified course. This course is designed to introduce fire behavior calculations by manual methods, using nomograms and the Fire Behavior Handbook Apendix B. Students gain an understanding of the determinants of fire behavior through studying Inputs (weather, slope, fuels, and fuel moisture). Students also leam how to interpret fire behavior outputs, documentation processes, and fire behavior briefing components.
1. List the assumptions, limitations, and appropriate uses of fire behavior prediction models.
2. Describe how environmental factors and processes affect fire behavior predictions and safety.
3. Define and interpret fire behavior prediction model inputs.
4. Calculate fire behavior outputs using available fire behavior processors.
5. Interpret, communicate, apply, and document wildland fire behavior and weather information.