Medical Terminology I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers terminology pertaining to medical term construction, body structure, integumentary, hematopoietic/lymph, cardiovascular, pharmacology, respiratory and musculoskeletal systems. Includes standard abbreviations, anatomic, diagnostic, symptomatic and operative terms related to these body systems. Students (online and face-to-face) must pass a face-to-face written final exam at 70% or higher to pass this class. The overall grade parameter to pass this class is "C" (75%) or higher.
1. Apply suffixes, roots, and prefixes of selected words and abbreviations as they relate to medical terms and healthcare professions.
2. Identify terms associated with operative, x-ray, and laboratory procedures.
3. Interpret standard medical abbreviations.
4. Accurately spell medical terms.
5. Identify the order of method and exactness of medical terminology.
1. Word Building Rules, Prefixes, Suffixes
2. Whole Body Terms
3. Integumentary System
4. Rodiologic and Diagnostic Imaging
5. Skeletal System
6. Muscles and Joints
7. Blood and Lymphatic System
8. Cardiovascular System
9. Respiratory System
Required textbook (used in AH 112 also,) reliable access to high speed internet, reliable access to computer and portable storage device (i.e. usb drive).
Grades may be determined by weekly homework, weekly unit exams, midterm exam, and final exam.