MPE 3 - Industrial Wiring
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Students will be introduced to commercial building plans and specs, reading drawings, branch and feeder circuits, appliance circuits, lighting circuits, panel boards, protection circuits, cooling systems, and the National Electrical Code as it applies to these topics. This course will be taught in a lecture/lab format, with a field trip to either a hospital, a newspaper publishing facility or a mill.
Course learning outcomes
1. Apply theory and techniques of commercial circuitry to typical applications in the trade.
2. Explain and practice safety as applied to the course content.
3. Use equipment to make electrical measurements.
4. Demonstrate skill in reading blueprints and specification sheets of the course required circuits.
5. Interpret the National Electrical Code requirements as the apply to the subject matter of this course.