APR 103 : Elec/Mfg Plant 3 - Industrial Wiring
MPE 3 - Industrial Wiring
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Students will be introduced to commercial building plans and specs, reading drawings, branch and feeder circuits, appliance circuits, lighting circuits, panel boards, protection circuits, cooling systems, and the National Electrical Code as it applies to these topics. This course will be taught in a lecture/lab format, with a field trip to either a hospital, a newspaper publishing facility or a mill.
1. Student will apply theory and techniques of commercial circuitry to typical applications in the trade.
2. Student will explain and practice safety as applied to the course content.
3. Student will use equipment to make electrical measurements.
4. Student will demonstrate skill in reading blueprints and specification sheets of the course required circuits.
5. Student will interpret the National Electrical Code requirements as the apply to the subject matter of this course.