MPE 4 - Commercial Wiring
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Course content includes industrial plans and site work, substations, panel boards and feeders, wire tables, determining conductor size, motors, controllers, ventilating, system protection, site lighting hazards, programmable logic controllers, and the National Electric Code as it applies to these topics. This course will be taught in a lecture/lab format, with labs to include hands-on PLC programming and ladder logic development.
1. Student will Apply theory and techniques of commercial circuitry to typical applications in the trade.
2. Student will explain and practice safety as applied to the course content.
3. Student will demonstrate skill in reading blueprints and specification sheets of the course required circuits.
4. Student will read and interpret electrical blueprints along with their specifications to industrial wiring circuits.
5. Student will relate the theory and application of programmable logic controllers.
6. Student will interpret the National Electrical Code requirements as they apply to the subject matter of this course.