Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This course is an introduction to electrical trade theory for Meterman Apprentices and will review math concepts including percentages, scientific notation, metric prefixes, ratios, proportions, and equations. Apprentices will also be introduced to electrical topics such as current, voltage, resistance, Ohm’s Law, power, DC series, and parallel circuits. Lastly students will learn about single phase metering, Blondel’s Theorem, metering vocabulary, single phase transformers, and working safely within the electric field.
1. Student will solve math problems involving percentages, scientific notation, meter prefixes, ratios, proportions, and simple equations.
2. Student will explain the fundamentals of electricity including current, voltage, resistance, and power.
3. Student will cite specific electrical hazards, how to avoid them, and what to do when they occur.
4. Student will use Ohm’s Law and Kirchhoff’s Laws to solve for unknown values in values in electrical DC series and parallel circuits.
5. Student will identify, install and know proper applications for all single phase, self-contained and network meters (1s, 2s, 12s).