Exterior/Interior Spec II
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Provides overview of the materials and techniques used in building residential and commercial buildings, wood and steel-framed structures, masonry construction, and concrete-formed structures. Covers planning processes preceding start of work on a construction site including environmental considerations, personnel issues, access roads, traffic control, permits, site safety, utilities, and crane-related concerns.
Course learning outcomes
1. Install a building envelope system for commercial construction.
2. Apply information from commercial construction drawings.
3. Install insulation.
4. Apply pre-construction planning, site preparation, and site safety.
- Orientation to commercial construction: steel framing, masonry construction, concrete-formed structures.
- Installation of building envelope components: windows, exterior doors, skylights
- Planning procedures for site preparation: environmental concerns, access roads, traffic control, permits, site safety, utilities, crane-related concerns
- Insulation installation in walls, floors, attics
Textbook is required.