Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This course is designed to instruct Meterperson Apprentices on the fundamentals of transformer bank connections: delta-delta, wye-wye, wye-delta, and single-phase regulators. Apprentices will also learn about conditions that can cause back feed, while continuing to learn about single phase metering.
1. Student will identify and explain proper transformer bank connections.
2. Student will understand the results of wrong polarity, wrong taps and wrong connections.
3. Student will implement safety procedures in connections of transformer banks and regulators.
4. Student will perform voltage and current readings using proper instruments.
5. Student will identify, install and know proper applications for all single phase instrument rated meters. (3s, 4s)