APR 141 : Sheet Metal Core Curriculum
Sheet Metal Core Curriculum
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This course is an introduction to construction and maintenance skills used in various crafts. Basic concepts in safety, math, tools, blueprints and rigging are examined this first term. In addition, employment opportunities will be explored through various apprenticeship trades.
1. Student will demonstrate safe working practices including rigging and lock out/tag out in accordance with state and federal regulations.
2. Student will apply appropriate formulas to mathematical situations.
3. Student will demonstrate the proper care, use and storage of hand and power tools.
4. Student will read and interpret building plans and drawings.
5. Student will recognize rigging slings, hitches, and hardware.