Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduction to trade, terminology, trade math, tools, shop safety, shop equipment, basic layout of duct work and fittings.
1. Student will apply theory of the three different types of duct layout.
2. Student will apply OSHA practices in relationship to the sheet metal trade.
3. Student will prepare and utilize isometric sketching and detailed drawings of duct fittings.
4. Student will demonstrate safe working practices including lock out/tag out in accordance with state and federal regulations.
5. Student will apply appropriate formulas to mathematical situations.
6. Student will calculate elementary algebraic equations and formulas.
7. Student will demonstrate the proper care, use and storage of hand and power tools.