Sheet Metal Math
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Covers fractions and decimals, geometric shapes, equation solutions, ratios and proportions, perimeters, areas, and volumes of geometric shapes; powers and use of the scientific calculator. Emphasis is on applications to applied sheet metal fabricators. There will be lab time in the class to work on assignments.
Course learning outcomes
1. Student will calculate elementary algebraic equations and formulas.
2. Student will apply appropriate formulas to mathematical situations.
3. Student will be familiar with basic geometric shapes.
4. Student will solve equations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
5. Student will solve problems involving ratios and proportions.
6. Student will determine the perimeter of geometric shapes and circumference of a circle.
7. Student will determine the area and volume of geometric shapes.
8. Student will use trigonometric sine, cosine, and tangent functions to find right triangle sides and angles.