APR 201 : Elec/Mfg Plant 5 - Motor Controls
MPE 5 - Motor Controls
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Course of study includes reversing circuits applied to motors, power distribution systems, transformers, electronic control devices, relays, photoelectric and proximity controls, programmable controllers, starters, preventive maintenance, and the National Electric Code as it applies to these topics. This course is taught in a lecture/lab format, with labs covering wiring and operation of listed equipment to control a small motor.
1. Student will apply theory and techniques of industrial circuitry to typical applications in the trade.
2. Student will explain and practice safety as applied to the course content.
3. Student will describe installation of electrical motors and starters.
4. Student will read and interpret electrical symbols, specifications, and line diagrams.
5. Student will interpret the National Electrical Code requirements as the apply to the subject matter of this course.