Exterior/Interior Spec X
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Provides extensive coverage of the materials and techniques used in finishing wood staircases. Covers all phases of interior renovation – planning, estimating, layout, and scheduling.
Course learning outcomes
1. Install intermediate to advanced stairways and systems.
2. Describe considerations and work-process for interior renovation.
3. Meet or exceed all building codes.
- Stairways and stair systems, wood, metal, concrete, closed to open, open/closed, tread types, prefabricated, elliptical, railings, landings
- Interior renovation, planning, estimating, layout, scheduling, installation to match existing finishes, tie-in of existing and new structural elements
- Building codes and permits for renovation or demolition
Textbook is required.