Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Covers advanced wooden and commercial stair systems. Introduces construction equipment. Covers fundamental crew leadership skills. Introduces oxyfuel cutting and arc welding with practice labs.
Course learning outcomes
1. Construct advanced stair systems.
2. Demonstrate safe practices around construction equipment.
3. Model crew leadership.
4. Perform steel cutting and various welding techniques safely.
- Advanced stair systems, materials, and techniques for wooden staircases
- Commercial stair systems
- Introduction to construction equipment including aerial lifts, skid steer loader, electric power generator, compressor, compactor, and forklift
- Construction equipment safety, introduction to operation and maintenance of equipment
- Fundamentals of crew leadership, communication, leadership styles, delegation, problem solving, project planning, scheduling, estimating
- Introduction to oxyfuel cutting and arc welding, equipment, procedures, safety
- Shielded metal arc welding, gas-tungsten arc welding, gas metal arc welding
Textbook is required.